• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoreTemp 99.5/Win7 Pro 64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wayward_Son

I'm trying to use CoreTemp 99.5 (I think, whatever the latest version is) on my new build but it will only show me the temp of Core 0. I've tried both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Coretemp. However, when I use the same copy of CoreTemp on my Win XP rig it shows both cores of my Opteron. Is there some issue between CoreTemp and Win7 so far?

With core temp the only way you can view all processor cores is go to the tools tab, select system information and scroll to the bottom or just press F3 and scroll all the way down. The program only shows an average I believe of all cores and displays it as CPU #0 instead of individual cores.

With core temp the only way you can view all processor cores is go to the tools tab, select system information and scroll to the bottom or just press F3 and scroll all the way down. The program only shows an average I believe of all cores and displays it as CPU #0 instead of individual cores.

That's funny, on my 2 machines (quad with vista HP x64 and dually with win 7 RC x64) both show all cores by default, 99.4 in vista and 99.5 in 7.

I'm trying to use CoreTemp 99.5 (I think, whatever the latest version is) on my new build but it will only show me the temp of Core 0. I've tried both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Coretemp. However, when I use the same copy of CoreTemp on my Win XP rig it shows both cores of my Opteron. Is there some issue between CoreTemp and Win7 so far?

I have had the same issue on a new build for a friend with a phenom II 955. It is also using Win7 64-bit. I will try what TaCoSwInDeZ said.

Mine does exactly as TaCoSwInDeZ described. I can only view all four core temps by going to System Information, and even then it displays the same temp for all four cores. Looks like it is not an issue between CoreTemp and Win7, but rather between CoreTemp and the Phenoms.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info. I wonder if they will fix this issue in the next version. I like being able to see the individual core temperatures.

Back