• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
I read the review (I read EVERY review)... wasn't "taken" by the concept: A Might and Magic game that is not Might and Magic.

Some sort of weird cross between an RPG and a puzzler.

There have been lots of weird crosses between RPGs and... "something" lately.

But then Tycho mentioned it on Penny Arcade.

Tycho has yet to steer me wrong.

So I picked it up.

BOY do I wish I had this game while I was in the hospital.

It works in a profoundly weird way.

I can't help but feel I've played something like it before... (Maybe final fantasy tactics.) But it's BETTER than Tactics. It looks better and the presentation, story, and characters are more interesting. (I've just about had it with the entire Final Fantasy universe.)

Clash of heroes is GOOD. And it really has absolutely nothing to do with might and magic. They should give it a new name and let it compete with the Tactics games head-to-head.

If you're going to be on a lot of planes or trains this holiday season... hell... if you just happen to own a DS... then you owe it to yourself to try this game.
[/LIST]

I've been itching to pick this up for my son's ds. Game looks awesome. From the few screen shots i seen i was thinking shining force. I used to love them games also.

Some reason i really dig into them strat games and strat/rpg like ff tactics, and advanced wars. Because their kinda straight to the action.

No thanks, I hate RPGs unless they're made by Bioware. Fable may be the exception to that rule.

I'm the opposite lol I bought fable on pc seemed Medicore but the stupid game just did nothing but crash even when i did all the fixes i could find it still would crash just took longer lol. Then i got it on 360 recently and eh that game is ok but i just don't under stand what's so great about it. It feels like WOWish but single player with much less interesting characters and story.

Anyway I've head back to retro land even my in my pc gaming online. RTCW, half life 2 mods (zombie panic source) etc.

My single player stuff tends to be DS (because a good percent of the games feel like my snes/n64 days when games we're good) and I been doing a ton of snes and Gba gaming.

Anyway back to the subject this game looks great I think i'll have to pick it up soon after the holiday here lol. Right now i been playing metal slug 7 on ds and i usually wont put a MS game till i can beat it without dieing or at least on one credit.

No thanks, I hate RPGs unless they're made by Bioware. Fable may be the exception to that rule.

This is nothing CLOSE to anything you're thinking of.

It's really closer to a strategy game than an RPG... with an element of Columns built in. Plus... I hear that place near you is practically giving this game away. So you might as well give it a shot.

Meh, not big on web comics.

I can see about 8 different Might and Magic games from where I'm sitting. Seriously stoked to grab this.

This game is PHENOMENAL.

I'm working on a Game of the Year article for the front page... and I'm seriously considering putting this as the portable game of the year, but I haven't really put a dent in Dissidia Final Fantasy yet...

Opened it yesterday. It is good.

Nothing at all to do with Erathia or anything, as far as I can tell, but that's ok.

Opened it yesterday. It is good.

Nothing at all to do with Erathia or anything, as far as I can tell, but that's ok.

I refused to put it down from the moment I picked it up. I think I played it a week straight. Dissidia: Final Fantasy would've been like that if they had more focus.

Back