• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking for the first time need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vasya

Registered
I got cooler master haf 932 full tower, replaced side fan with 4x 120mm red led cooler master fans, planing on replacing top fan with 3x 120mm l8r.

So i was thinking to my self, why should i let that case go to waste... i need to overclock my computer. And also my mother board was made for easy overcloking.

To what GHz should i over lock my CPU and Ram ?

heres my specs

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 Socket 775 2.66GHz 1333FSB 6MB Cache Retail
RAM: Kingston 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 HyperX Memory Non-ECC CL5(5-5-5-15) 2.2V ( 4x Sticks 8GB in total )
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe P45 Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX
PSU: Best Value 750W 80+ Dual 12v V2.2 HE PSU

any info would be very helpful thx

I got cooler master haf 932 full tower, replaced side fan with 4x 120mm red led cooler master fans, planing on replacing top fan with 3x 120mm l8r.

So i was thinking to my self, why should i let that case go to waste... i need to overclock my computer. And also my mother board was made for easy overcloking.

To what GHz should i over lock my CPU and Ram ?

heres my specs

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 Socket 775 2.66GHz 1333FSB 6MB Cache Retail
RAM: Kingston 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 HyperX Memory Non-ECC CL5(5-5-5-15) 2.2V ( 4x Sticks 8GB in total )
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe P45 Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX
PSU: Best Value 750W 80+ Dual 12v V2.2 HE PSU

any info would be very helpful thx

uhhhhh have you done any research on how to OC?
do you know how at all?
if not id look for a basic cpu OC guide on google
if u do know to an extent how to OC then why are you asking us what to OC to?
whatever u can get it to comfortably without frying the cpu or toasting it obviously (if u know how to OC)

If your going to overclock first you need a new CPU cooler. Go here to learn about what coolers are best and best value for the money.
http://www.frostytech.com/

Once you spend a few hours there you should be able to ask us out of a few coolers you chose which is the best.

After installing it and making sure your temps are good, then start learning about overclocking. Google is your friend. Google your mobo and the word overclock. find forums and guides that will help you learn. You can also Google 'Intel overclock guides'.

Tons n tons of stuff to learn. It's not hard as long as your willing to read and research for a week or so, bookmarking the best stuff you find and reading it again and just doing it.

And if you look through the Intel chip subforum here you'll find thousands of posts that will help you.

Back