• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best vid card cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

all420

Registered
Hi all-
I purchased a 3d Prophet III from ENPC.com (actually I purchased a PNY card but they sent me the wrong one). Oh well, I digress. I am watercooling my system, and bought a GeForce waterblock from dangerden. I was planning on watercooling my gpu but when I opened the package I almost had a heart attack. My gpu cooler is so tall/large that it takes up not just the space between my AGP slot and first PCI slot, it covers 2 of my pci slots! What should I do, should I stick with my stock cooler, go for a different waterblock, upgrade to a better air cooler?... Also, what is the best gpu cooler out there (ones that use air, not water)? Thanks in advance.

If you're gonna go the air cooling route, I'd say the Alpha PAL153 all the way. With the stock fan (21 cfm 60x10) on there it will only block one PCI slot.

I personally am happy with my blue orb and ram sinks. I beleie that the crystal orb is better though. I like them both because when combined with the ram sinks, they provide optimum cooling witout even using one PCI slot

Hope this helps :D

OEM P3 cooler, and it comes free with any BOX P3/celeron....
ok, you lose some PCI slots, but does the thing ever cool :D

Now there's a thought, using a CPU cooler for a GPU....

I may just be ordering another volcano 6 :), im beggining to think my GF3Ti 200 is biting the dust with it's stock fan, even with a 120mm fan practically blowing on it...

Back