• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software - Where to get it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
Any help will be much appreciated with this thread. I'm pretty tired and offhand I can think of a bunch of sites software can be gotten from.

I'm going to start off with Software Sites that I have used to get installers for various things.

I'll be using the 2nd post of this thread to keep track of all the website lists and categories. Thanks ahead for all the help!

will be replacing this sticky in the near future: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261358

Last edited:
1/26/2010 - Added MajorGeeks thanks to RollingThunder

1/29/2010 - Added Snapfiles thanks to threeme2189

1/30/2010 - Added Guru3d thanks to turbohans

1/30/2010 - added PortableApps.com thanks to petteyg359

Last edited:
i think i remember when tucows had free dial up internet or something like that

Thanks for adding my sugestion TollhouseFrank, i forgot to mention that guru3d has a lot of benchmarks on it also; 3dmark, aquamark, furmark, and so forth along with drivers for GPU's.

thanks man!! looks like a good list though! I'll deffinitly bookmark!

ohloh.com
impulse.com - Stardock Impulse (distribution platform similar to Steam, but not limited to games)
osalt.com - Open source Alternatives
java-source.net - Open source Java applications, frameworks, and libraries
www.myopensource.org - another collection of Windows open source programs
osliving.com - more open source

quick bumpety. i'll update this thread again soon. sorry i haven't done so yet pettey... but i've been working hard on a test that will soon be rawkin' the front page.... let it be known... THF is awesome! :D

Back