• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED How to download W10 without the media creation tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Listen to Frank, then. :D

In all seriousness, 49% is technically a minority. That doesn't mean there is almost universal happiness with a product. Enough people have issues with W10 and Microsoft's approach to make them legitimate concerns. There is a certain amount of 'Kool Aid Syndrome' with some W10 adherents, Just sayin'....

While we've been having fun here (and I have been) W10 seems to have loaded on the Dell in question. I'm currently waiting to see how much, if any, bloatware is with it. McAfee was the worst offender. It kept the little Celeron pinned at 100% at all times and used 85% of the memory. Horrible little bit of malware, that.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a lot of drinking the koolaid going on around here...

Anyway, glad it works, and seriously, let me send you another usb drive....:rofl:

Don't need one now. I found a way to make life behave the way I want it to. LOL

Edit: I changed the title and added the fix in the first post to make it more useful for searches and easy to find the answer. (Marked it SOLVED). :thup:

Last edited:
I have had trouble with getting systems to recognize Sandisk USB disks for several years. Even in bios like when you want to flash. That brand seems to produce more compatibility issues than others.

I noticed that being a popular theme when my adventure started. They claim it's because of some protocol M$ wanted that makes it read as a regular storage drive. I finally bypassed the whole mess by pretending to be an iPad. And the solution I found can be used even more easily than getting up and buying a new flash drive. I'm sure some people would rather just download the OS without additional software in the way. I won't download W10 any other way from now on.

I cant imagine most enthusiasts dont have more than one laying around...

.... then we met you. :p :rofl:

I had several, but children, friends, carelessness, drug addled in laws, etc.. And it's one of those things you don't need until you really need it and the stores are closed. :D

Back