• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second GA-P55-udr same post problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jayrs

Do I have another defective motherboard with the exact same problem? I am now on my second Gigabyte P55-ud3R that is exhibiting the exact same problem as the original one I RMAed. When I setup the system the board and the system start and post fine. If the system is turn off for a while (3+ hours, sometimes longer), the board seems to lose its cmos setting and refuses to post (no beeps). If I pull the battery for awhile the system will post with the default cmos setting and the bios will show a screen showing a list of fail startup attempts and ask if I want the most recent good set of setting.

This is the second mother board to do the exact same thing. I have swapped out the battery (twice), the power supply, the memory, the cpu all with no change in the problem. Once the system gets past post it works fine. If I turn it off for a short while it will boot up fine.

Do I have a second bad board with exactly the same problem? Am I missing anything before this one goes back.

Thanks

Motherboard: Gigabye GA-P55-ud3r
CPU: Core i7-860
Memory: 8GB (4x2GB) -G.Skill DDR3 F3-10666CL8D
Power Supply: Rosewil PR550-2 (550 watts) or Thermaltake W0319RU (850 watts)
Graphics Card: BFG BeForce 7950 GT or Galaxy Nvidia Geforce GTS 250

Back