• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I tell if my X-Fire setup is working??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creepin_D

Registered
I know this is a noob question, but here it goes anyways. I have 2x Asus 5850's installed. Control center tells me i'm running in x-fire and windows device manager shows that there are two 5850's installed. Is there something I can do or d/l to show me visually that I am indeed running in x-fire mode? Thanks

I'd use the Heaven Benchmark, it's fairly small, quite pretty, and shows off 5xxx hardware nicely.
Run it, then turn off crossfire and run it. The frame rate should be much lower. Turn crossfire back on and run it again.

I'd use the Heaven Benchmark, it's fairly small, quite pretty, and shows off 5xxx hardware nicely.
Run it, then turn off crossfire and run it. The frame rate should be much lower. Turn crossfire back on and run it again.

Yip..that did the trick. With X-Fire enabled and with rez at 1900x1200 i got an avg fps of 56 and a score of 1410. With X-Fire disabled I got a fps of 29.7 and a score of 748.

Back