• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creating New Slipstream XP Disc (Tips Please)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm recreating a new slipstream disc of my Win XP Pro disc I've used the last one I did as the install build and I'm just adding new updates to it and removing a few features I dont use.

I'm now looking at the screen where can remove stuff so far I've removed or hidden the following....

All languages except English Uk and US for the keyboard
Internet Games
Security Center
Search Assistant
Tour
MSN Explorer

Now in the services section the ones I tick does it remove it completely or just disable it, I do disable a few of them as I am not using a network etc and most are for that anyways.

Any other stuff that I might not need please feel to suggest.

Last edited:
look for a program called nlite... as that is what i used for all up to sp3...
takes a little time to put it all together but worth it in the longrun if you reinstall often or install many different systems....

look for a program called nlite... as that is what i used for all up to sp3...
takes a little time to put it all together but worth it in the longrun if you reinstall often or install many different systems....

I am using nLite v1.4 just that I wanted to ask whats not really needed but with me removing the above I trimmed 145mb off and narrowed it down to 456mb the total set-up.

I didn't add IE8 to the slipstream because I attempted it it for times back when IE7 came out and nLite had fixed the bugs. All I would add was the security updated needed for my install and IE7 set-up it would create the ISO perfectly but during set-up would BSOD.

Creating a new disc with just security updates worked.

Back