• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best case for my setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheJr666

Alright so I have overclocked my previous setups with no help but now I need some help lol

I'll list my current compnents and tell you what I plan to do

Case
LOGISYS computer Area 51 Black - $35.99
ASUS Crosshair III Formula Motherboard – $199.99
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz - $179.99
2 GB CRUCIAL Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600 - $67.99
HITACHI Deskstar HD31000 1TB HDD - $79.99
SUNBEAM 750W PSU - $89.99
XFX HD5770 1gb GPU - $169.99
Arctic Silver 5 – $9.99
Tunig Tower 120 Extreme CPU cooler - $62.99 (Hasn't came yet)

Now I have 4gb of ram

But I run, stock clock speeds
cpu runs 33/46
sb runs 37/42
nb runs 29/34
MB runs 30

I over clocked to where I want to be at with stock cooler
to cpu 4.2ghz HT 2.2ghz and NB 2.6 ghz

and run
CPU 47/53
SB 37/41
NB 34/41
MB 32

I hope the tunig will drop it to 40-43 degrees but it still is high
My cheapo case was just temporary because I just wanted the build

SO what mid/full tower case will be sufficient to bring my temperatures are 40ish on load (no water cooling)

my only req, has to be air cooled
and has to have a clear side and blue fans/no fans

SO what mid/full tower case will be sufficient to bring my temperatures are 40ish on load (no water cooling)

my only req, has to be air cooled
and has to have a clear side and blue fans/no fans

Sounds like an Antec 900/902/1200 case. I think there is also a CM HAF model with blue fans too.
I wouldn't expect a case to bring your temps down by 7-10C, but cooler air will help your heatsink perform a little better.

EDIT: Here they are.

Last edited:
Sounds like an Antec 900/902/1200 case. I think there is also a CM HAF model with blue fans too.
I wouldn't expect a case to bring your temps down by 7-10C, but cooler air will help your heatsink perform a little better.

EDIT: Here they are.

Very Nice, Thank you I was looking at them but cases are like choosing cars now its very hard to decide whihc is best bang for the buck.

Would you suggest getting better fans? Sound is no problem I run everything on high/full speed to keep it cool in there and play games/watch movies fairly loud lol.

I like liquid cooling but it is to expensive for me right now.

i agree with the antec 900/1200
or the coolermaster storm scout, sniper, or HAF
all very good cases with excellent cooling
you might need better fans, i have a storm scout with extra CM r4 LED fans- that 'apparently' do 90cfm @ 20dba

Back