• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 2 In game screens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you kidding me? Look at the detail on the nanosuit, no existing game has shown that much detail.

I just don't think the physics are that good in the screenshot.
Also yes there's a lot of detail but it looks to good to be true. The movement of everything and the splosions just look too good..

Screenshots mean they could have maxed out the game even if it runs at 10 fps, just to make a screenshot, since we don't see it in motion we can't tell how it's running. Could also have some photoshop touch ups. Those details do look almost too good.

Since they're making it primarily for consoles, I don't see how those character models with all the polys and lighting could run very well with multiples on screen.. not on consoles at least, but I'd say high end dual-gpu setups can run it playable. Maybe they really are putting an effort to actually make the pc version look like a pc version and not a console port; hard to believe, so I'm gonna be a moron and lean more towards 'photoshopped' until they show actual gameplay from the pc version in a very high bitrate video (not 3000 kbps streaming garbage).

Screenshots mean they could have maxed out the game even if it runs at 10 fps, just to make a screenshot, since we don't see it in motion we can't tell how it's running. Could also have some photoshop touch ups. Those details do look almost too good.

Since they're making it primarily for consoles, I don't see how those character models with all the polys and lighting could run very well with multiples on screen.. not on consoles at least, but I'd say high end dual-gpu setups can run it playable. Maybe they really are putting an effort to actually make the pc version look like a pc version and not a console port; hard to believe, so I'm gonna be a moron and lean more towards 'photoshopped' until they show actual gameplay from the pc version in a very high bitrate video (not 3000 kbps streaming garbage).

Tessellation could do it, it is going to be a DX11 game after all.

MOTHER OF GOD.

For you skeptics, yeah it does look like a cutscene, by TODAYS game standards. But this is Crysis 2, with a brand spanking new engine. That brand new GTX480 coming out? Yeah, its gonna spank it.

"Made primarily for consoles"? Why would they need a new engine? :D

"Made primarily for consoles"? Why would they need a new engine? :D

Crytek has mentioned many times by now that the new CryEngine3 is going to be specifically optimized for multi-platform, which the CE2 wasn't; that's why. Consoles need a new engine for more refined and playable framerates in most of the environments.

Did you play crysis warhead? There was one cutscene on the bridge that looked photorealistic.

No I haven't, but I didn't say all games, just some. You stated that all cut scenes are better than in game graphics which is not always true.

Crytek has mentioned many times by now that the new CryEngine3 is going to be specifically optimized for multi-platform, which the CE2 wasn't; that's why. Consoles need a new engine for more refined and playable framerates in most of the environments.

While yes CE3 was built with multiplatform in mind. You still have to have different code to run it on X360 and PS3. So really in the end while all the game assets could of been to the extreme, doesn't mean the X360 and PS3 have dumbed down versions of these game assets to make it run on there consoles.

Looking forward to Crysis 2. I know they said they've refined it quiet a bit but hopefully it will put a strain on today's systems to justify upgrades and a new benchmark for a photo realistic engine to beat.

What is the ETA for Crysis ?

Q4 2010

----------
Looks like Crysis "1" will still be the most demanding game...

In his India Game Developer Summit 2010 keynote speech, executive producer Carl Jones revealed that Crysis 2 will have lower system requirements and improved graphics capabilities when compared to Crysis. The statement comes from a report recently published on DNA India website.

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report_a-game-changing-session_1354144

Lower requirments doesn't mean it still can't push a system with maxed out or tweaked settings. If the settings are anywhere near as customizable as Crysis and Warhead we are in for a nice treat.

Yeah, if their smart they'll just make the ultra or super-ultra settings only available later through patches or only accessible via cvar hacks. It'll keep people from complaining that they're $2,000+ rigs can't play it on max settings w/ 60+fps.

Biggest change in CryEngine 3, is the multiplatform support and deffered lighting and I guess also the new level editor.

Looks good, CryEngine is probably my favorite to work with... Tessellation would be nice... But to be honest Tessellation isn't the greatest thing in the world, but its a nice feature.

Screens look decent to me, but really its not a super big change, things I notice are perhaps a bit of a lighting change, high res textures. Also it looks very sharp and clean most likely because that image was scaled down from some 1920x1080 capture.

Tessellation would is a very great feature to have in games now adays as long as the GPU supports it. It can add a huge amount of detail with little performance hit.

Back