• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 2 In game screens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Biggest change in CryEngine 3, is the multiplatform support and deffered lighting and I guess also the new level editor.

Looks good, CryEngine is probably my favorite to work with... Tessellation would be nice... But to be honest Tessellation isn't the greatest thing in the world, but its a nice feature.

Screens look decent to me, but really its not a super big change, things I notice are perhaps a bit of a lighting change, high res textures. Also it looks very sharp and clean most likely because that image was scaled down from some 1920x1080 capture.

Everyone hates on tessalation, but I love the fact how they really show depth now instead of trying to trick you into thinking theres depth with some shadowy features or something. For instance when I play dirt 2 I love the fact thers actual depth in the ground and the tracks and stuff. Love it!

By the way: What do you mean work with it?

mmm yea, i have a feeling this is the same ol thing happening with the first game. this si what it looks like now but i am sure it'll get worse looking before release, those pics are definitly concept for sure, the video will get de tuned like last time.

it looks like they might actually have a story line for once!
inagine that, an EA game about graphics with a story!

Bleh, Crysis needs a new Story developing department. Played the 1st one, awesome graphics, story lacking, I can't even understand how some people say its the greatest game of all time, it's ridiculous.

And tessellation is awesome IMO, much better than anything DX10 brought.

Unimpressed.

Motion blur in a screen shot? WTF?

No tessellation in the wall/road/environment textures.

The suit looks like it has nice curves though, no blocky edges.

Unimpressed.

Motion blur in a screen shot? WTF?

No tessellation in the wall/road/environment textures.

The suit looks like it has nice curves though, no blocky edges.

Project Offset's engine has motion blur in screenshots or stills also. It's an effect, after all. Cryengine has some of the best motion blur seen in games, if it isn't the best implementation outright.

I appreciate them pushing the envelope, if more games would do this, then maybe nv/int/amd would have to work harder to keep up.

I recall reading that Cry2 would be easier on the rig but have better graphics as displayed from this new engine. Though that trend isn't unsurprising. Once you make the engine, you obviously need to make it better - and that doesn't just mean more power. If you do that then you are just following a bad trend that nVidia was (might still be) on with buffing up the hardware but not doing anything about the heat, the power draw, etc. I am not holding my breathe that the new Fermi's aren't some of the worst abusers of this issue ever created. But I am just rambling, the screen shot does look great but perhaps you guys are getting a little overzealous with the photorealistic stuff. Graphically it is the best in gaming, and definitely a spot better than some cheap CGI but I wouldn't touch that word for another few years at the least.

Photorealism? Avatar.

Better than the black fog monster from LOST? Crysis 2.

Back