• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CANT UPDATE BIOS ON A BFG 8800 GT /G92

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JS1

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been trying to update this bios for about 5 hours now and i just cant get it to work. tried 2 different versions of nvflash ,different ms-dos files updating from usb made boot drive type nvflash --protectoff for eprom write protection . its actually the same bios file i just eddited it with nibitor to up the voltage .every time i try to flash it it says error cant read file. any ideas would be great. THANKS IN ADVANCE. JS1

Well it seems im doing something wrong i just downloaded my original bios and it will flash, but i dont need the same bios, i found another bios 9800 mod that will also flash witch i would have done but the clock speeds were also changed and i dont want that only voltage . ive tried different versions nibitor editor so it cant be that, i must be saving it wrong or something. JS1

Well i borked my card display was barly readable, i got it to flash what i was doing wrong was opening the bios file and it opened with nibitor so i thought it was good,not so. you have to open nibitor first and use it to open bios file thats why it could not read the files i was making. so i figured that out and made a good one,well i thought it was good and it flashed bad. iwas able to get back into boot usb to flash old bios back but it could not read the old file so i thought i was fu-ked,tried to go back into windows to make another file but i could not see good enough to get it done. but i could see that 9800 gt bios mod that i didnt want to use,thank god i didnt delete cuz it saved my ***,and lowered temps 3c @idle but with a 75mhz overclock .i was running stock speed of 625mhz fan on 100% 50c idle now 700mhz fan100% 47c idle. so the 9800gt mod worked for me my card now reads as a evga 9800gt not a bfg 8800gt. so far so good now i will see how much more i can overclock it. JS1

Last edited:
Gonna up the voltage a bit more to 1.12, and see were that gets me. the bios mod set voltage @ 1.10. my original bios voltage was 1.10 so 1.12 should be fine. JS1.

SET the voltage @1.12v now i can see what kind of stable overclock i can get, so far so good @ 750 with great temps. JS1.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    18 KB · Views: 539
800 MHZ crashed 3DMARK 06 guess i should be happy with 750. im just getting board with this setup. i think its time for a maximus 3 extreme a 670 i5 some ddr3 and a bfg 285 card. JS1

HELLLLPPPPPP

lol
i have a64 bit machine. i made a bootable usb following a guide on another forum then copied all the windows 7 repair disk files to it. and it works.

Now the problem is, isnt NVFlash a 32 bit x86 program only???? im stuck at this spot, i made the bios already and everything. i just need to get it on the card!!!

help please.

Back