• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't flash a modded 9800GT BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpudMan

As the title says I can't figure out how to flash a modded 9800GT BIOS. What happens is, it seems to work fine when I save the bios file with GPU-Z then modify the clocks in NiBiTor, but when I try flashing it with nvFlash version 5.370 or 5.287 it gives me this message:

Code:
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0)
Modified Version By Joe Dirt

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: BR04 (05B1h)         (10DE,05B1,10DE,C55E) H:--:NRM S:00,B:02,D:00,F:00

Adapter: GeForce 9800 GT      (10DE,0614,3842,C982) H:03:SP0 S:00,B:04,D:00,F:00

No matches found.

The command I entered was:

Code:
nvflash G92-OC.rom

With "G92-OC" being the BIOS file. Also i'm not sure what the first GPU it shows is, but that isn't really important.

Please ask if you need more information, and thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Try nvflash -4 -5 -6 g92oc.rom

I tried it, but it just gave me the help list that listed all the possible commands. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that would mean the arguments/options where invalid.

Then try nvflash -p -u -f g92oc.rom

It's one of those. They are the proper switches to override the mismatched ID's and force the flash, pending the version of Nvflash you're using.
If that doesn't work, you're typing it in wrong. You need a space between each switch.

Then try nvflash -p -u -f g92oc.rom

It's one of those. They are the proper switches to override the mismatched ID's and force the flash, pending the version of Nvflash you're using.
If that doesn't work, you're typing it in wrong. You need a space between each switch.

I tried that and it gave me the list of commands again. Although I did notice that if I used -6 and/or -p the command would run normally and tell me no matches where found, like before. But if I used -4 -5 -u or -f it would give me the list of commands. So it seems like -6 and -p are valid, just they aren't doing anything for some reason.

Also I noticed the first GPU listed isn't the other graphics card I have, so I don't even know what it is.

Maybe your card isn't in the slot it's looking for. Try nvflash --list this should show your adapters with their index numbers

Maybe your card isn't in the slot it's looking for. Try nvflash --list this should show your adapters with their index numbers

After reading your suggestion, I tried putting the graphics card in the other PCIE slot, and it didn't change anything, either way my 9800GT was labeled as GPU 1 (With the other GPU being GPU 0). So how could I tell nvFlash which GPU to flash? Since I now know I want to flash GPU 1.

Back