• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Won't Update to May 2019 on your PC? Check USB devices & Anti-cheat!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, yeah, and agree, I did go to the web site after my initial attempts at the media installation method and HP's website reported that no printer was available to install although in the past I had registered it there and was using a login and password for the effort. I firmly believe there is something amiss with the printer although it's only around a year old. I purchased a new Brother printer and installed it but left it turned off as of Sunday evening (still off as I type). The 1903 update installation occurred last evening. I had a Brother prototype printer that ran for 10 years, don't know why I didn't just purchase another when it died (my sis retired from there, the prototype was a freebie from their QC lab). I really don't need to be without a printer due to work constraints so don't have the emotional energy right now to deal with the outage of the HP, got some big deals in the hopper that I don't want to miss a beat.

As a side note... printers have become disposable really. You can find something that will print with decent quality under $50 easily. Most of those have a scanner, etc...

I'm amazed at how inexpensive printers have become over the last several years.

Hey, buddy. Can I help by mailing you USB installer again with 1903? Be glad to do it if you want.

I appreciate the offer Trents, but something internal to the billion lines of code happened and my main rig has installed the 1903 update, one week after giving me the 'download 100%' in the update screen. But if the 1909 update goes this slowly I may hit you up again. Thanks.

I appreciate the offer Trents, but something internal to the billion lines of code happened and my main rig has installed the 1903 update, one week after giving me the 'download 100%' in the update screen. But if the 1909 update goes this slowly I may hit you up again. Thanks.

Okay, I misunderstood what you were posting. I thought you were saying your hot spot connection wasn't up long enough to get a complete download of 1903 and the caching apparently didn't work to allow it to proceed without error whenever you were connected at various times.

Back