• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shortcut to launch program on specific monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somegeek

I've got a dual monitor setup and I'd like to know if there are any XP command switches which would direct an application shortcut to launch a program on one monitor or another specifically? e.g. - I could create two firefox shortcuts... one would launch a browser for monitor one and the other, to monitor two.

Thanks in advance.

Interesting question, I guess I never really thought about trying to create different shortcuts for that purpose. I know with Win7 & multiple monitors the combination of integrated monitor controls(win+cursor) + hydravision + ultramon is extremely potent. I hope someone that knows more about altering shortcuts chimes in. I know some games allow switches that cause it's output to be directed at a specific adapter & port. Halo for instance allowed this...don't see why there shouldn't be a way to do it with other proggies.

Back