• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp-Bird?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMarMan

Registered
Hi ya all... I have a question reggarding AMD pros...
know ihave (kinnda had) an Duron 900 but that cpu is preeettey dead! (Something happend i don't get anywarrentey. They say it has physical damage. It dosne't. and that it has been shorted by my Silver paste.. umm don't thinkso it worked before.!...) Anyways.
Now i'm looking on to buy i new cpu: T-Bird or an XP.
Xp 1600+ or maybe 17-80+... Should i go for an T-Bird or An XP?
I don't think i am going to OC right away i must get my WC cooling first and that is going to take sommmme time!! hehe
So which should i go for? The XP or t-bird??
Thnx

There are definately a number of factors to be considered, that among these are:

-How much do you want to spend?
-Does you motherboard support the XP?
-When you do choose to overclock, will you be happy with fsb overclocking alone, or will you be willing to do an XP unlock? (more difficult than the T-bird unlock, and the T-birds 1.2Ghz and up come unlocked)
-If you do unlock the multiplier, does your motherboard support multiplier changing?

Go through these things, and I am sure there are more considerations, and that may help you decide.

Good luck,
flounder43

ok...

Ok i know my mobo supports Xp.. but the question is which CPU is faster and can be overclocked more..??
Thanx !
MarMan "T" Hollow

So, in other words, the best overclock for your money?

I would say a 1.4 T-Bird with a good stepping like AYHJAR.

Xps are faster generally, but Tbirds are easier to overclock.

XPs support SSE which will improve performance and are faster per MHz. They supposedly produce less heat.

Back