• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who uses game pads instead of a KB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96s10

I've been passing the idea around of getting a gamepad instead of a G15. Who uses them and what do you think? Anyone go from a G15 to a pad or vice versa?

When I say game pad I mean something like this:

base_media

A few of us tossed around the idea of using one of those years ago, and a couple of people did. Most of us just realized that using a keyboard and mouse really is the way to go and the fastest way to adapt to a new game. When I first started gaming on a computer back in 99, I hated the keyboard and mouse, but after getting used to one a gamepad of controller just feel really old school.

I use both, depending on the game. If I can get a good setup, I use my G13, which I find I use mostly for MMOs because of the macros and ease of access for skills and such. FPSs though I tend to stick with the keyboard.

Back