• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital Drive error!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnboy1998

Hi all

I downloaded the DLDIAG tool from Western Digital and tried to use the quick test on my WD2500AAKS 250GB Cavier Blue Sata 2 drive! However it gives me a cable error for the test, does this mean my drive is not set up correctly?

Had a look on google but just says the cable could be loose which I dont think so? Could it be a BIOS setting?

The windows 7 experience index rates the drive 5.9, which maybe means nothing???

Thanks

never hurts to check the cable... sometimes it's the simplest things that cause the biggest problems

I've had faulty cables before when I had tried everything else in the world... then it's just like OH... maybe I should try putting a new cable in there. Voila, it works :-/

Thanks, Its strange though I have had no problems with the drive operating, I am just having one of my insomnia nights so I went on the Western digital site for a browse and downloaded the tool!

I will open the pc tommorow as its 3am here in the uk, will need to try for sleep again!

thanks!

chances are that if the drive is working fine with no read/write errors in chkdsk, then it might just be a false positive with the WD drive utility you downloaded

Yeah probably nothing done a chkdisk a few weeks ago, computers due a good clean out anyway so I will check the cables too!

Thanks for the reply you gave more info than I got from the WD knowledgebase! : )

Thanks!

glad I could help... I always have better luck contacting actual end users on forums for answers than I've ever had consulting the company or their customer service department

Back