• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folder Sharing on Win7 + Punkbuster Not Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skadooshi

So I want to start by saying please ignore my post count. Ive been a long time member of the forums occasionally posting and reading often. However, my account is old and I haven't been to the site in quite sometime and the email I used to register is no longer active and don't feel like trying to resolve the issue of finding out the login info (Also - my old handle I dont like anymore. Skadooshi is much more fun then SilentSniper or w/e variation of that I used at the time).

Now onto my issues.

For starters, Win7 folder sharing is annoying the hell out of me. Specifically, the Users folder (all other sharing works fine....). I DO NOT WANT THIS FOLDER SHARED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. There, I feel better. Now, I have password protection enabled under sharing options in the network setting and when I go into my desktop from my laptop, or visa versa, and provide the login for that computer it shows the Users folder. My problem is that within that folder it shows the folder for that specified user account such as "Skadooshi" among all the other folders. I have full access to that. I have created an account on the machine being accessed that is seperate and limited access user account and when I provide those credentials it still shows the "Skadooshi" folder. Now, IDEALY no matter what credentials are provided when navigating to that computer on the network I would like ONLY the public folder to display. I could live with it showing Users if when you went inside it Public was the only one visible. However, no matter what credentials for existing accounts on the machine that are provided "Skadooshi" is always visible. If I provide Skadooshi and its password when going to that computer, I dont want that account folder visible unless I explicitly tell it to be and I feel like this should be doable since the computer have differing computer names on the network.

My other issue is that I cannot get punkbuster to work for BF2, COD4, and BF2142. I am running Win7 64bit professional. I installed them all cleanly, installed punkbuster. Downloaded pbsetup, ran as administrator and added the games. Did a check updates. It downloaded and said it finished. Then ran the games as admin but everytime I get into a server Im kicked within seconds for a corrupted packet flow error from punkbuster. Any ideas?

Back