• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atomic_Sheep

Hi guys, what sort of cooling options are available for GTX 260 SLI. I'm planning on getting the Lian Li X2000 but despite this I don't think I'll be happy with the ~55db fan volume on the 260s. I don't know whether I'll be able to get away with just aftermarket air cooling as I'm planning on chucking an X-Fi sound card onto the motherboard and I can't imagine all these things stacking up.

I think I would prefer air cooling but as I said, not sure if it is even possible. Not quite sure I could live with air cooling at all as even in the X2000, the video cards are at the bottom in a poorly ventilated area so it's going to get quite cramped and hot with all these things in place. If I go water cooling, I think I will probably have one system that cools both GPUs and the CPU but I would prefer to contain the whole system within the case.

Any ideas?

P.S. I know nothing about water cooling so I don't even know whether I'll be able to get away with a totally internally contained cooling solution or whether I'll need some massive radiators that will have to be placed on the outside of the case which is a massively undesirable solution for me.

Honestly in SLI config the heat isnt a huge issue, you can set a minumum fan profile of 60% which is barely audible and set the max to 100% using rivatuner. When i ran 2 cards i had no heat issues, with 3 i have to manually set the profile to 80% all the time for gaming or folding.

Back