• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E2200 3.575 can it go any higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregmacknass

Hi,
I have an E2200 currently running at 3.575 Ghz (air cooled), prime 95 stable. I have kind of run into a brick wall. I have it running at the max voltage of my board which is 1.6v, any less and it is not stable. If I bump up the FSB any higher than 1300 it freezes and has none of it. I am wondering if increasing the NB voltage at all will help in regard to the freezing. I am kind of weary of over volting any other components on the board, because I don't want to replace it. The processor is another matter, it is a cheap processor that needs to be replaced anyways so if it fails no big deal (thus the 1.6v). Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
-Greg

looks like fsb 325 is dead end CPU because that's not straining the north bridge, unless that is a old board. what is your motherboard.

Last edited:
Sorry, should of done that.
E2200 3.575 Ghz
XFX 680i LT ILT9
Corsair XMS ddr2 800 rinning at stock timings at 910 Mhz
2 PNY 8800gt in SLI
700 watt PSU

Doesn't the 680i have a wall around 400 or so? 325 shouldn't be too hard... try bumping the NB voltage up a notch or two and see if you can get it stable. Is it failing small FFT, or blend? If i have the NB too low on my system, it fails blend, but might still run small FFT fine.

the LT based board might be more option limited then the higher end ones. though he should be able to get around 400mhz fsb. with a 1300QDR that puts his SDR fsb at 325mhz, so he is far off from 400mhz.

running the ram in a unlinked mode will help. though you need to watch out for the fsb holes that do happen when you unlink the ram. as not all the fsb/ram ratios will work so they are called fsb holes. since at 1mhz lower the board will/might work or could be 1mhz higher. thus being called fsb holes on the NV600 boards. the first thing i would do if you havent , is make sure the latest bios is installed.

then test the boards max fsb it will do, ie drop the cpu's multi down to 6x. then start upping the fsb with the cpu v set to 1.4v(actual from cpuz) or around there. keep upping the fsb till it no longer boots then if you feel safe doing it add more cpu voltage. though i have to think at this point you may have overvolted the cpu and its getting weaker over time. there for you cant oc it higher since cpu is damaged, something to be aware of.

*edit*
think i got my pic messed up with my IP35-pro, at the time both had the same background sorry. i dont recall much from memory about the 680i i used for max clocks. i do know with a 65nm dual core i was able to get to around 425mhz if i recall right. might have even been 430mhz where it topped out for me.

*edit2*
ok after looking thru more pics.. the last one i have is at a high of 450mhz.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Evilsizer/ocforums/superpi 1m runs/nv361066.jpg

Last edited:
It runs 325 fine, passes all prime 95 tests blend or otherwise. If I try to bump it up even 1 point on the FSB it freezes up right away, requiring a restart. I will just have to try raising the NB voltage slightly and see what happens. If I can only get 3.575, then I will just have to be happy with that. It's a pretty respectable OC after all.
-Greg

Back