• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 Bloomfield vrs Lynnfield

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They're both good choices...for a system with a single graphics card...but if you would ever consider using 2 graphics cards, then Bloomfield is FAR better IMHO :)

BTW - Why would you not want to OC :shrug:

:O it takes a bit of patience but its very simple and with the i7 its hard to go wrong! its a cheap inexpensive way of getting $100's more performance for nuting ;). give me a PM if u ever want a hand with trying out overlclocking and ill be happy to lend a helping hand:p

Both are the same price with almost the same spec's. Which one is better for FPS without overclocking?

Bloomfield
Lynnfield

Both great choices, cant go wrong. The real question is if you are going to need 16x+16x. This would require very high end cards to saturate the 8x+8x of the P55 (lynnfield) chipset. If you plan on OC'ing two 5870's or GTX470's, then I would opt for a 1366 setup, if you keep a single card setup or a midrange SLI setup, 1156's x8+x8 is fine.

I wrote a guide to make it a little more approachable...check the link in my sig ;)

Both great choices, cant go wrong. The real question is if you are going to need 16x+16x. This would require very high end cards to saturate the 8x+8x of the P55 (lynnfield) chipset. If you plan on OC'ing two 5870's or GTX470's, then I would opt for a 1366 setup, if you keep a single card setup or a midrange SLI setup, 1156's x8+x8 is fine.

+1

Back