• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

taskbar toolbars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

Hello. I just re-installed Win7 since I got the X25-M Intel 80GB HDD, so I wanted everything new.

Well, it's perfect, I cannot believe how much faster it is then my Raptor 150GB, it's incredible.

Anyhow, I setup everything the way I had it before, except!!

On the start taskbar, I like to have the address and desktop toolbars, the address on the left, and the desktop to the far right besides the notification icons. Before, I had the "Address" and "Desktop" hidden, meaning, I only had the address bar, and a little double arrow for the desktop menu on the taskbar, but now besides that it also says "Address" and "Desktop" in writing, and that bothers me. I know there is a setting somewhere that you can change that, but where is it?? How do I get rid of the wording?

Thank you.

Thank you. I realized that I couldn't do it because my taskbar was locked, as soon as I unlocked it, I could right click and not only get rid of the title, but also display large icons. Finally.

I'm glad I read this thread. I've never messed around with the toolbars before but the "Desktop" toolber looks like it will come in handy. Thing is it takes up a lot of space (1080p res), is there anyway to seperate it from the taskbar and move it to the top of the screen? Still staying on top of other windows?

Small Icons: Takes up most of the taskbar

Untitled-23.png

Large icons: Takes up less space but makes taskbar thicker and makes the "pinned program" icons look silly as they are smaller

Untitled2-2.png

Mmm, suppose I could use the no text option I the toolber has to remain on the taskbar. Just noticed I had two control panels?? Weird but fixed now.

Untitled3-2.png

Unlock it, then you'll see you can make it as small as you want, and all the icons hidden, so that you push the double arrow and a menu pops up, that's how I like it.

Another way is to make a new toolbar somewhere else (top or right or left of the screen) for just desktop, and have it there.

Tried your first option and yeah that could work. Although I can't find a way to make a new toolbar? Not seperate from the taskbar anyway.

Back