• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS p7p55d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pburgess

Have a problem with installing windows 7. It says that "the windows can not be installed to this disc. this computers hardware may not support booting to this disc. ensure that the discs controller is enabled in the computer bios menu. I have looked in the bios and cant see anything of relevance to enable anything. the HDD is a seagate barracuda 7000.9. Any possible fixes anybody knows of have googled it extensively and found nothing.

Its straight out the box with only the 1 partition. How would i go about formating it as i cant get passed th install screen of windows 7 ?

The raid is apparently stuck and is a common fault with the drive. I also cant find any part in the bios where it has raid options and cant tell if it is stuck on a raid option or not. i have left it for the night and am going to go back to it tomorrow. Any have experiance with the bios on that board and can tell me where it is ?

Ok now starting to think that the mother board is broken with a different hard drive pluged in it doesnt detect anything at all. The riad was turned off in bios after all tried turning it on just for the sake of it and still nothing. Im rather stuck any help ?

Back