• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Overclock RAM???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LatinUnit

Guys ive overclocked my old system which is as follows

P5W DH DELUXE
C2D E6400
512X2 PC2-8000 Platinum 5-5-5-15

Ive managed to overclock the computer to 3.2 Ghz stable and ram is runing at 6400 this seems to be the max supported by this mobo, there's people who have suceeded with the p5w + e6400 up to 3.6 stable.

My ram is currently managed by SPD, it seems these people have upped the voltage on the ram to 2.3 volts and played with the timings.

I guess if i want to go further id have to oC the ram too but i dont know which timings to use or what is recommended.

can someone help me oc my ram please

If you want any help with this you are going to have to post screenshots of CPU-Z on the memory and SPD pages. What do you mean when you say that your ram is managed by SPD? I don't understand.

Since you're currently at a FSB of 400MHz running PC2-8000, all you need to do is change the DRAM Frequency option to 1000MHz (DDR2-1000MHz), which equates to a 4:5 FSB : DRAM ratio. Then change "Configure DRAM Timing by SPD" to Disabled, and change the four primary timings (DRAM CAS# Latency, DRAM RAS# Precharge, DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay, and DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge) to 5-5-5-15 respectfully.

Back