• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to clear saved pw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Im using windows 7 with mozilla. Just got the computer about 2 weeks ago and im very unfamiliar with windows 7/vista. Anyways I opened gmail, entered my info and accidentally hit save password when the bar on the top popped up asking if I wanted to save the pw. I cannot get it to stop saving my pw now. I have cleared the history with mozilla, as well as used ccleaner/crap cleaner and still havent had any luck. Any suggestions?

You will need to clear the cookies. This is specific to Firefox. Hit "Ctrl + Shift + Delete". Select "Everything" for the range, expand the bottom, check everything and hit OK. That will completely wipe it out.

If that fails, delete the following folder (this deletes ALL BOOKMARKS and addons):
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Mozilla

Last edited:
Thanks, I really appreciate the help. That fixed it...Im very unfamiliar with this new stuff. I got out of computers back when the radeon 9700XT was THE CARD TO HAVE. Now days it seems like this little ole laptop performs better than my old desktop which was fairly top of the line at the time lol. This new windows is killing me.

This new windows is killing me.

Windows XP will be officially supported long enough to last the current generation of computers., so switching to Windows XP should make life easier for you. I dual boot with Windows 7 but find myself using Windows XP > 50% of the time.

Why not tools --> option --> security --> then saved passwords. You can remove saved passwords individually. no need to clear history

Back