• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

javyn

Hey all, recently built my first system and have a lot to learn before I attempt to OC.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the build in my signature. I realize now my video card is probably on the slow side w/ just DDR2, but I'm not much of a gamer anyway.

Wish I would have waited for the newegg memorial day sale since the MSI DDR5 1 gig is on sale for only 15 more than what I paid for this DDR2, but oh well.

Anyway, for the most part, have I chosen my components well?

My core temp idles at 31-32C, and GPU at 34C. Not sure if that's good or not. I'm anxious to run Prime95, but have no idea how to configure it to work best on a quad core.

Thanks. What do you think of my video card? Should I worry about getting a GDDR5 128 bit? The most graphics intensive game I run is Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and it seems to handle it fine.

I do intend to get a bigger monitor though, probably a rectangular 22". Think my current GDDR2 is sufficient?

The card is what it is , The ddr2 isnt that bigh of a deal its more the GPU that is lacking the power .

Back