• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a compiling favour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
I've got a small favor to ask someone, Can you download the following and compile it that would be wonderful. Then you can just send me back the .dll.so files. Either post it up or email it to me at [send me a pm] .

You'll need wine installed and install cuda 3.0 . If you don't mind. If you install cuda via portage/apt you'll need to edit the makefiles and change the lib/include paths to /opt/path/to/cuda . I have it pointing to /usr/local/cuda because I wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue with portage version of cuda so I installed it from the nvidia site.

http://shelnutt2.host56.com/wrapper.tar.gz

Also can you use the CFLAGS="-march-i686", that way there is no problems if someone is running a core2 vs an X2.

Thanks

Was going to try to build it on Arch, but have some dependency conflicts - it wanted to remove libgl to take care of cuda dependencies, which wouldn't go over real well on my system. So no luck here.

Attempting.

EDIT: Failure. cuda-toolkit only has a lib64 dir. Can't compile win32 with lib64. Trying cuda-sdk now.
EDIT2: cuda-sdk fails to build on cudart. Probably same lib64 issue.

Last edited:
Ah yeah I forgot to say you need the 32bit version of the toolkit.

You can always get it from the nvidia site:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_get.html

Run the .run file, install it to /usr/local/cuda . Run ldconfig . Compile the wrapper then just to rm -rf /usr/local/cuda/ . That will completely uninstall it.

Just got Gentoo re-installed on my desktop. Trying again.

EDIT: Done. Several warnings.

Code:
[color=lime]petteyg@foldspace[/color] [color=skyblue]~/cuda/cudart $[/color] make
winegcc -c  -mno-cygwin -m32 -I/home/petteyg/cuda/include/   -o cudart.o cudart.c
In file included from /home/petteyg/cuda/include/cuda_runtime_api.h:53,          
                 from /home/petteyg/cuda/include/crt/host_runtime.h:108,         
                 from cudart.c:7:                                                
/home/petteyg/cuda/include/host_defines.h:57:1: warning: "__cdecl" redefined     
<command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
cudart.c: In function 'wine_cudaRegisterFatBinary':
cudart.c:790: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
cudart.c: In function 'wine_cudaUnregisterFatBinary':
cudart.c:795: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
cudart.c: In function 'wine_cudaRegisterVar':
cudart.c:800: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
cudart.c: In function 'wine_cudaRegisterTexture':
cudart.c:805: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
cudart.c: In function 'wine_cudaRegisterShared':
cudart.c:810: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
cudart.c: In function 'wine_cudaRegisterSharedVar':
cudart.c:815: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
cudart.c: In function 'wine_cudaRegisterFunction':
cudart.c:821: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
winegcc -shared cudart.dll.spec -mno-cygwin -o cudart.dll.so cudart.o    -L/home/petteyg/cuda/lib/ -lcudart   -lodbc32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lwinspool -lodbccp32 -luuid

[color=lime]petteyg@foldspace[/color] [color=skyblue]~/cuda/cufft $[/color] make
winegcc -c  -mno-cygwin -m32 -I/home/petteyg/cuda/include/   -o cufft.o cufft.c
In file included from /home/petteyg/cuda/include/vector_types.h:45,
                 from /home/petteyg/cuda/include/cuComplex.h:44,
                 from /home/petteyg/cuda/include/cufft.h:45,
                 from cufft.c:6:
/home/petteyg/cuda/include/host_defines.h:57:1: warning: "__cdecl" redefined
<command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /home/petteyg/cuda/include/cufft.h:45,
                 from cufft.c:6:
/home/petteyg/cuda/include/cuComplex.h: In function 'cuCdivf':
/home/petteyg/cuda/include/cuComplex.h:226: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'fabsf'
/home/petteyg/cuda/include/cuComplex.h: In function 'cuCabsf':
/home/petteyg/cuda/include/cuComplex.h:252: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'fabsf'
/home/petteyg/cuda/include/cuComplex.h:263: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sqrtf'
winegcc -shared cufft.dll.spec -mno-cygwin -o cufft.dll.so cufft.o    -L/home/petteyg/cuda/lib/ -lcufft   -lodbc32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lwinspool -lodbccp32 -luuid

Attachments

• cudadlls.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Thank you pettey! I owe you one big time!

All those warnings you can ignore, some are from nvidia's headers and the other ones are complaining about returning a void variable. The funny thing is we have to return the variable because the function is expecting void, but the way wine works you can't just return void to the linux library you have to return variable and just make sure the variable is void.

Thanks again!

Back