• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD to Intel after a Decade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fobia

i have been buying amd for a while now!! 10 years! i just got my new system! and am ready to overclock! quick question.. what do people usually get on air.. with stock cooler? i7930?

antec1200003.jpg

antec1200012.jpg

wiring job.. spent a little bit of time..

antec12002004.jpg

my old amd .. its like shaq and kobe.. hahaha

antec12002010.jpg

antec12002012.jpg :rock:

nice build. Now you just need to get rid of that stock cooler :p
Thanks to help from the guys here im at 3.8ghz running stable at around 74C but if you wanna OC you really need a better cooler.

nice build. Now you just need to get rid of that stock cooler :p
Thanks to help from the guys here im at 3.8ghz running stable at around 74C but if you wanna OC you really need a better cooler.

suggestions? :D

suggestions? :D

I went with the Cooler Master V8
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055&cm_re=v8-_-35-103-055-_-Product

I dont think its the best cooler out there but it sure does look nice! very very large compared to my artic cooling freezing pro and did drop temps about 7C so to me it was worth the upgrade. I know Zalmans makes some good air coolers also. You'd really have to wait for someone who knows a little more about coolers then I do or look around in the Cooling section there might be some info there.

Oh and you have the same case I do so just a fyi if you go with the cooler master v8 you will not be able to add a side fan which really pissed me off when I first figured that out. I think with some modding I will be able to but I haven't tried yet.

that is dumb! i might go with a zalman i bought that for my amd and it worked great ALL COPPER FTW

Get that damn useless Gigabyte label off the NB heatsink, it just peels off then screw a 30mm or 40mm fan into the heatsink, it will reduce your temps big time, you will loose 5oC off your NB temps just by removing the label, this will help you out alot when overclocking as this is one very hot chip.

If you fire up prime for 5 mins and then touch the NB heatsink you will loose a layer of skin, try it.

If you fire up prime for 5 mins and then touch the NB heatsink you will loose a layer of skin, try it.

LOL I had the door off of one of my computers and my friend touched the gpu after I had been gaming for about 2 hours and had to get a skin graph on his finger. It's one of my older rigs with a Nvidia 5900 ultra. Has a heat sink on top that gets incredibly hot.

Back on topic. +1 about the fan on the NB. Also I say go water cooling. =]

LOL I had the door off of one of my computers and my friend touched the gpu after I had been gaming for about 2 hours and had to get a skin graph on his finger. It's one of my older rigs with a Nvidia 5900 ultra. Has a heat sink on top that gets incredibly hot.

Back on topic. +1 about the fan on the NB. Also I say go water cooling. =]

Water... cooling.

Can't stress it enough.

Why EVERYBODY isn't using water cooling is beyond me...

...but they should be.

TBH.. isnt that alot of maintenance i am not looking to go extreme. just a nice overclock ..

how are you suppose to attach fans to that heatsink?

Back