• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning H50 Before First Use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zomfgcrazy

Registered
I just purchase myself the Corsair H50 High Performance CPU Cooler and I'm reading the around in preparation for installation and I found this guide instructing me on how to clean a water cooling system before first use and I was wondering:

Since it's all completely contained is there anything I should be doing besides boiling the radiator and rinsing the block?

Also, since the block comes with pre-applied TIM should I still be rinsing the block?

Thanks. =)

Your system is a CLOSED LOOP, meaning you dont have access to the internals and its already filled. The guide you found is for 'real' water cooling loops (or custom I should say) and is prep that should be done prior to putting the loop together.

Short answer, no, dont touch it, install it by following the directions that come with the unit. :)

Welcome!

it won't be long. he'll see how awesome it is and get addicted. happens all the time ;)

you should monitor temps now and see what you re getting then after the block to see what changes there are.
Furmark, Prime95 are your friends.

it won't be long. he'll see how awesome it is and get addicted. happens all the time ;)

you should monitor temps now and see what you re getting then after the block to see what changes there are.
Furmark, Prime95 are your friends.

I would, except it'll be going into a brand new build. =P
Sorry!

Back