• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Temp., fan, voltage readings help please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MVPillman

Registered
I installed PC Alert III, which came with my mobo... (I have an Athlon 1.4 GHZ)...

My current CPU temp. = 40 celcius
Chassis = 38 Celcius
Fan 1 Speed = 30xx rpm
5v standby = 5.03v
Battery = 3.42v

VOLTAGE:
Vcore = 1.74v
+5v = 4.97v
3.3v = 3.33v
+12v = 12.20v
-12v = -12.20v

I don't know what the heck all this means, but is it normal? What would be not normal?

Thanks!

Everything looks pretty good to me... the 5, 12, and 3.3 are your voltages (so is the vcore) and they look good... your temps look about right... yep all looks good. ;)

MVPillman said:
I don't know what the heck all this means, but is it normal? What would be not normal?

Thanks!

Quick explanation of what the numbers mean...
(At least my understanding of them)

CPU Temp... Obvious meaning, but here's what you want to know.

67+ degrees--> CPU damage or Lockup
60-67 degrees--> Your really pushing it, probably shortening life span of CPU
50-59 degrees--> Not too bad, This would be acceptable for an average computer user.
40-49 degrees--> This is a pretty good temp...
30-39-->Pretty good cooling, You can start to get in to some good overclocking
under 30--> Awesome Temp, Keep up the good work boys.

You can get your temps much lower, but it'll cost you!

The Vcore:
This is the amount of current going in to the CPU, ir can be changed in the BIOS of many motherboards... If you aren't experienced here, don't touch! 1.74 is a normal Voltage for your proccessor, I have my voltage monitor set to warn me if this varies by more than 10%.

All of your other Voltages:
These are different currents that come from your power supply... If they ripple too much, it can cause your system to crash, but unless you have a really cheap Power Supply, that won't be too much of an issue.
If these voltages drop below 10% of what they are rated, you may have a bad Power Supply, Or maybe one that is not big enough.

Back