• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Pavilion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Ok have a computer of a co worker, he kicked it and dented the hdd cage. Now system will start, but when it gets ready to go to desktop screen goes black.
I tried reinstalling OS on another hdd, it installs gets to where it is ready to go to desktop and black screen. This is a AMD Quad core rig and I am not up on AMD so any advice is appreciated.

Wow poor pc huh, I would physically push gently on the components like the video card, card cooler, cpu cooler to see if anything feels loose. Maybe even reseat the video card. A thorough visual inspection of the motherboard with a bright flashlight if needed to check for cracks. And double check all the wire connections by simply unplugging them and replugging them. I've given some boxes a firm slap on the side, but never a drop kick.lol

Ok next question the vid card is a 8800GT, it has audio output to mobo. My XFX does not. Next the computer has RCA jacks in the front of case. Rig is used for video editing? What role does the audio on vid card play?

Back