• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New prebuilt pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G-smooth2k

which pre-built pc is good
the MSI Aegis ZS 5DQ-274US PC Computer or
the iBUYPOWER SlateMR243i

I am only looking at prebuilt pc with 16GB of Memory(may upgrade in future), at least a 500W PSU and hope it can handle LOL. I am not building a pc. I am only looking at Best Buy, Costco, Sam's Club, and Micro Center.
I am not interested in HP Pavillion or Dell Inspiron PCs.

Last edited:
What's your max budget? What's the PCs purpose, gaming or other? Which Micro Center is close to you? I like the specs of some of the PowerSpec prebuilts I've seen at Micro Center.

What's your max budget? What's the PCs purpose, gaming or other? Which Micro Center is close to you? I like the specs of some of the PowerSpec prebuilts I've seen at Micro Center.
Duluth, sometimes play Command & Conquer 3, League of Legends, online MMORPG Mob Wars,
watch youtube, internet. Mainly looking at Core i7, or Ryzen 5 or 7 8-core processor,.

...budget?

I'm trying to figure out why the msi is 2x the cost of the ibuypower. The ibuyppwer has a better processor and the same graphics card. A 6600 is OK and will serve your purposes if you plan on gaming at 1080p. A higher res you'll want a better graphics card.

The iBuypower looks like a good deal. I would go that route. Even if you didn't like the PSU you could spend $75+ and get one of better quality and be ahead of building it yourself or that MSI.

ED, that MSI is at Newegg but sold by a different vendor.

The iBuypower looks like a good deal. I would go that route. Even if you didn't like the PSU you could spend $75+ and get one of better quality and be ahead of building it yourself or that MSI.

ED, that MSI is at Newegg but sold by a different vendor.
The MSI one I am looking at is at Costco.com for $1199.99. I am looking at Sams Club, Costco, Micro Center.

The MSI one I am looking at is at Costco.com for $1199.99. I am looking at Sams Club, Costco, Micro Center.
That MSI looks pretty nice for 1080p gaming. I don't think I'd want the RX 6600 for 1440p though.

It would be nice to know RAM make & model, PSU make & model, SSD make & model. If it's in-store at Costco maybe you can take a look.

Thankyou I went and got the MSI Aegis ZS for $1099.99 @ Costco, 2 8 GB XPG GAMMIX D10 DDR4-3200, Apex Gaming 550W PSU, MSI Radeon™ RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G, MSI B550M-PRO-VDH Motherboard.

Back