• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6X58D Preium memory problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ben993

So i recently built my new computer and everything runs great but my ram.
2 out of the 6 Gb's shows up in the bios and windows. Cpu-z indicates that i have 6 Gb's? I've updated my bio's, tried the different slots and each each ram in each slots.
It seams to be a1 a2 work but b1 b2 c1 c2 don't. I've already replaced the board with the same one and same problem. I'm completely lost and a little mad.:confused:
Here are my spec's.

ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard
Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz
Kingston HyperX 6GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Western Digital Caviar Green Hard Drive 1.5tb (2)
Western Digital Caviar Green Hard Drive 1tb
Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive 250gb
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 (2)
Thermaltake Spedo VI90001W2Z Full-Tower Case
XION Supernova Lan Party Ed. Power Supply
Aerocool V12XT Touch Panel Fan Controller - 2x 5.25
and a few extra fans here and there.

Last edited:
Assuming you already have the latest 0813 BIOS revision installed, and you've already tried installing the modules to slots A1, B1, and C1, check out this thread in the Asus support forum...

Ram not detected (Troubleshooting)
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.asp...1&model=P6X58D+Premium&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

... and you might also want to manually set the DRAM voltage to 1.64-1.65V, with QPI/DRAM Core Voltage set to ~1.25-1.35V.

Assuming you already have the latest 0813 BIOS revision installed, and you've already tried installing the modules to slots A1, B1, and C1, check out this thread in the Asus support forum...

Ram not detected (Troubleshooting)
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.asp...1&model=P6X58D+Premium&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

... and you might also want to manually set the DRAM voltage to 1.64-1.65V, with QPI/DRAM Core Voltage set to ~1.25-1.35V.

Thank you so much for the link. I finally got it work. The problem was one of the pins was bent and I improperly installed my CPU cooler.
Thank for all you help!!!

Back