• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Homemade Vertical Monitor Mount?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgb303

Hey guys so I have a cheap 19 inch Acer monitor that is soon to be a second display. I would prefer to the sake of space and convenience to mount, or create a stand, that allows for me to position the monitor in the vertical fashion. I would prefer not to spend to much money on a stand and would love to know if there is any "home-made method" of vertically mounting a monitor.

Thanks!

Got one made out of old wood scraps and 60 cents worth of screws!

Here's some pictures...

2010-07-07%2014.50.00.jpg

2010-07-07%2014.49.51.jpg

Lol, that's probably the most ghetto thing i've seen all day, but i can't argue with the function ;)

Good job!

Kinda like me fixing my door. I shoved a quarter and two pennies under the door frame and called it a day! Haven't had a problem since :D

Haha yeah it probably would have looked better if I didn't have to use a hand saw and had access to a drill press =P

Lol, i just got a hold of a cheap Acer myself :D

My GF was having problems with the OSD popping up all the time. I just set the transparency to 10% and then moved it to the very bottom left hand corner. Set the refresh rate to 75hz so the thing would quit resetting on me all the time, and now i have two twin screens :D

Just curious, why did you choose to mount it vertically?

Hmm. I just stuck the two monitors next to each other. I have no problem using my scroll wheel :)

When you have 4 eve clients running at the same time, the scroll wheel doesnt help a window 5 or 6 deep. It is very useful for a bunch of the different sites I hit, I dont have to side scroll too much and in it comes in handy for overwatch on vent/TS3

Ah, okay, i see now :)

I don't use anything like that, so i just have my monitors next to each other. Usually the second one doesn't do much except hold Facebook or Media Player while i'm doing other things. Only game that can run on both at once is SC:FA, though. :/

Back