• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Assistance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamitoko

Hey Guys!

It's been awhile! In the life of the casual that I am, I need some advice regarding monitors.

I'm looking for a monitor that comes with 144Hz but also 60Hz or 75Hz. I want to run a dual monitor set up, but without a large variance in bezel design.

I've been looking around online all day and seeing various monitor options but I'm having a hard time finding a model that offers that in any plain sight kind of fashion. That being said, I figured I would turn to the experts and see what options you guys are aware of for this. I'm most likely going to be doing a third party float monitor mount so the actual stands aren't a huge deal, but the bezels are, as I'm a bit OCD.

Also, I'm looking for 27".

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Not a monitor guy (love my acer predator though), but any 144hz monitor will do 75 or 60hz. ;)

Haha, fair enough. But they're also generally significantly more expensive than their lesser counterparts so I'd prefer to save the scratch if I can.
So then you DON'T actually want a 144hz monitor? Because you said you wanted one in the first post. Please clarify your needs. Also, budget please!

So then you DON'T actually want a 144hz monitor? Because you said you wanted one in the first post. Please clarify your needs. Also, budget please!

I’m looking to purchase 2 monitors. My primary one I would like to be 144hz, my second one will specifically be for browsing the internet, and watching videos while I’m gaming. I’m looking to try to keep the bezels roughly the same size and shape for symmetry.

As far as the 144hz goes, I would be looking for around $200-$250. The secondary one I would like to stay between $100-$150.

Much better! So 2x monitors... one 144hz, the other 60/75 hz with smallest and matching bezels...I assume 1080p res?

I use a pair of Acer GF276 - 75Hz monitors myself. But Acer also came out with the XG270HU - 144Hz monitor which looks identical to my older models. Both are 1ms GTG, and it's only during gaming and watching HD video that you'll see the difference.

I know Acer hasn't produced anything extraordinary in recent years, but their build quality is decent at least. BenQ also has 60Hz and 144Hz that share similar builds. Unfortunately, LG and Samsung continually change some physical attribute between their models so you'd be hard-pressed to find a matching pair.

Good luck!

Back