• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grnfinger

If I up uncore frequency and I hard lock or an .exe stops responding its IOH voltage that needs adjusting? I'm progressing at a snails pace on X58 it seems and I need some clarification
I adjusted uncore from 2647 to 28something and I hard lock on Vantage and 3D05 stops responding, even linpak stops on the higher frequency. So of someone could be so kind and explain uncore in dumb dumb terms I would be most greatfull. I know higher is better but what voltage so I adjust to gain stability?
I have a few hours to kill with an empty house and I wanted to push my X5667 to the limits b4 the 920 arrives. Seems someone has toss'd in a X5667 chip and bumped me :cry:

uncore is usually linked with memory speed and qpi vtt. As mem speed and timings go up it stressed the uncore quite a bit more, seems crazy that you are having issues at 2800 uncore. My chip has been to 4900+ with stock IOH volts, I would think qpi vtt is what you need to increase. There are also several ratios that have to be <= to next. Miah's read should help some.
http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

thanks I've read Miah's guide, but maybe I should refresh myself and read it again.
I have a new chip on the way I think the X5667 is just a weak chip.

QPI is at 1.375 now and I have had it up to 1.40 and no change, just getting frustrated at my lack of progress

It's not the speed that is a problem....it's the multiplier.....instead of changing the uncore multi, lower the CPU multi (to remove CPU freq as a potential limitation) and increase bclock instead.
Uncore is very picky about the multiplier selected, and can vary per chip & per motherboard ;)

thanks Miah I will try your suggestion
I am making progess but its so slow that I forget sometimes I'm actually moving forward.
P55 was so much easier

Back