• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Graph Goes That High?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
So, we all know about that 250GB limit that Comcast put on their internet. I seem to recall a few years back them saying they provided unlimited internet, and that's why we signed up: fast unlimited internet

Now it's just fast.

Anyway, that's beside the point

THIS is the point:
Data usage.PNG

I never got a call (thankfully), i just found it hilarious that the graph goes that high for some reason.

I still don't have the graph for my area. I wish that we did, because I never know how much I am using. I don't think that I am close to the limit, but with all of the streaming we do I really wish I could find out.

If you only exceed for a month or two, I don't think you'll get a call from them. I'm not sure about 3 consecutive months. I personally won't do it.

What happened? Downloading a lot lately? :rock::rock:

If you only exceed for a month or two, I don't think you'll get a call from them. I'm not sure about 3 consecutive months. I personally won't do it.

What happened? Downloading a lot lately? :rock::rock:

Windows got fubared three times in a week, and the first two times, i made the mistake of redownloading all my Zune pass content (40GB a pop), and then decided i wanted to watch a ton of movies.

Needless to say, that won't be happening again.

Down here Brighthouse has three versions of cable that each have a different charge. But because I have been a subscriber for so long I get the middle one for the cost of the slower version. Something to do with my agreement from what they have said (I have no clue) but maybe that is what you have. Does comcast work the same way in terms of levels of speed?

Down here Brighthouse has three versions of cable that each have a different charge. But because I have been a subscriber for so long I get the middle one for the cost of the slower version. Something to do with my agreement from what they have said (I have no clue) but maybe that is what you have. Does comcast work the same way in terms of levels of speed?

Of course not. That would be fair. :fight:

The speed isn't really the problem... it's the bandwidth limit. I have plenty of speed... too much clearly. :/

I feel for you. I'm quite happy with 10Mb down but my bandwidth limit is just stupid :-/

Attachments

• rogerscap.jpg
    rogerscap.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 123
Maybe the graph just scales with how much you use? Like if you stay under 250 GB normally it will just go up to 250 GB, but once you pass 250 GB (and keep going) it will scale with how much you're downloading?... :confused: Just a thought. :chair:

I used to have a 100 GB limit, but I'm paying $5 a month extra to have it at 140. :mad: It's not that bad, but before all that it used to be at 75...

When did home internet turn into a cell phone contract? I mean, seriously? Why is it cable guys - the ones with the speed to actually download a lot - are the ones to put caps on their internet? DSL doesn't have any caps in our area... download as much as you want. The bandwidth is just too pitiful to download a quarter terabyte a month.

When did home internet turn into a cell phone contract? I mean, seriously? Why is it cable guys - the ones with the speed to actually download a lot - are the ones to put caps on their internet? DSL doesn't have any caps in our area... download as much as you want. The bandwidth is just too pitiful to download a quarter terabyte a month.

My cable company has no caps at all. The speed is 15/2 but hey I'm not complaining.

Why throw your money at Rogers?
Only people I know who use them were ignorant people suckered into a contact.
Because it's the only decent internet where I live. DSL is crap because I live too far from the provider's main datacenter (whatever it's called).

I don't even know of another cable company that offers internet where I live. What alternative would you recommend for someone who lives in the middle of nowhere.

P.S. sorry for kind of highjacking this thread

Back