• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement 140mm Fans - Corsair 800D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gwiggles

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace two of the three 140mm fans in a Corsair 800D. While quiet, I find that they move VERY little air. I'm not REALLY concerned about noise, but I don't want a jet engine in my case; I'd rather have a good performing fan that isn't 'silent'

I should add I have a 3.5" fan controller right now, but I will be getting a good-quality 5.25" Bay controller (recommendations?)

I'm looking at these so far -

Yate Loon 140mm High Speed

Scythe Kaze Maru2 140mm High Speed

Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro 140mm High Speed - these are a little bit expensive for me, but if they perform well and are quiet I feel it could be worth it.

Thank you!

Big fan of the Yate Loons...

If I was you, and what I am going to do, is cut a hole in the side of the case for another intake also.

I'm not a big fan (;) ) of high cfm, noisy fans for case fan usage, even on a fan controller. You really don't need that much flow rate into the case to have to put up with the noise factor. I would suggest something like the Yate Loon D14SM-12 instead of the highs and don't worry about a fan controller for your case fans. It's not like you are going to get a huge benefit from huge amounts of cfm's into and out of your case; all you need to do is have a decent amount of airflow to keep the hot air from the heatsink and vid cards from being trapped. The medium Yates still flow 62 cfm at 29 dB, so they move a decent amount of air and they are $3 cheaper to boot at Petras.

They are silent at 1k...and move much more air than the stockers..I only disagree with the silent, but I guess I have them at 1k too. :)

Without a fan controller, hells yeah on the Medium.

Big fan of the Yate Loons...

If I was you, and what I am going to do, is cut a hole in the side of the case for another intake also.

Where would you cut it? On the actual side panel or the back? I just got a dremel yesterday so I've been cutting lots of stuff up :clap:

Where would you cut it? On the actual side panel or the back? I just got a dremel yesterday so I've been cutting lots of stuff up :clap:

personally, my placement would be right above the pci slots, that way it won't interfere with the hsf and it's giving airflow to one of the worse areas (especially gfx)

On the plexi, yes. I would cut it to left of the bottom intake, and around the top PCIe slot and NB.

As far as getting in the way of coolers. Dude. Its an 800D, there is room for a 38MM fan and a large heatsink I swear! LOL

On the plexi, yes. I would cut it to left of the bottom intake, and around the top PCIe slot and NB.

As far as getting in the way of coolers. Dude. Its an 800D, there is room for a 38MM fan and a large heatsink I swear! LOL

Lol, well I've never owned one, I can only envy you guys' awesome party from the distance.

Back