• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

now THAT'S more like it!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

just got finished lapping my h/s. took my time and worked down t0 2000. got it all shiny:) i know i know, it doesn't really help. so i got a little carried away. but the point is my temp is now 38 and i've been crunching seti for 45 minutes, it hasn't gone up from 38 in the last 15 20 minutes, case temp is 22.
38 now and i was getting 44 crunching seti or with sandra burn in.
nice!
now i'm really happy with this little swifty

hey, do you think putting a 38 cfm delta in place of the 33 would help a little more? what kinda noise increase? i got the chance right now to just trade fans with someone.....

anyway.. WHOOHOOO!!!

Good job on the lap job. Its the details that count, and some bragging rights "My HS is shinier than YOURS! Nana nana nana!" Well anyways, I dont think that putting in a 38 fan will help your temps much more, maybe a miniscule amount. I had a 25 and put in a 38, but didnt notice much more of a diff, maybe a degree or two. Just make sure that you have good airflow through the case to keep feeding the HSF fresh air. The effectiveness of fans on heatsinks vary in the type of HS that its mounted on. You should ask people who have the same heatsink as you and have switched fans for their own results, keeping in mind that the results others get may not be the same of what you may get. Good luck!

juliendogg said:

hey, do you think putting a 38 cfm delta in place of the 33 would help a little more? what kinda noise increase? i got the chance right now to just trade fans with someone.....

anyway.. WHOOHOOO!!!

I had two Delta Black label fans on my Alpha 3125 for approximatly 30 seconds before I took them off

Even though almost all my fans are on Hoot 'Nasa Quality' Rheostats, those Delta Black label fans are the devil :p

Back