• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

steam - illegal games...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cogman

what do steam actually do if they detect illegal games? and how do the games be detected? If theyre added as a non-steam game? or w/e etc ( Not that I done it myself, but just for confirmation) Thanks :)

what do steam actually do if they detect illegal games? and how do the games be detected? If theyre added as a non-steam game? or w/e etc ( Not that I done it myself, but just for confirmation) Thanks :)

You have an account. You need to log into the program to use it. Any steam games you have purchased are registered to your account so they know what you have paid for and it is always tied to your account. You can't cheat steam, it's just like logging in to play wow.

You have an account. You need to log into the program to use it. Any steam games you have purchased are registered to your account so they know what you have paid for and it is always tied to your account. You can't cheat steam, it's just like logging in to play wow.

Oh of COURSE you can cheat steam.

You can cheat anything.

If you get caught, though, you're banned.

That means all those games you had go down the drain.

Non-steam games don't count unless they're valve games. All steam does with non-steam games is load the executable.

But why would you load an illegal game into Steam anyway? wouldn't that be... stupid?

If you're running a non steam game all it does is run the executable and add the overlay.

As far as I know the only thing it checks for is if it can add the overlay. So no I don't think it can detect any cracked executable.

And define "illegal games"... :p You might want to change it to "cracked executables because I lost the disk" or something just as implausible :)

Edity: Oh right, you mean games that can only be brought through steam?

I see this going down a path we aren't allowed to tread. Sorry guys, this one has to be closed.

*Click*

-hokie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back