• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enriquezay

Registered
Im looking for some red led 120s to go with my haf 932

im between cooler master and rosewill

rosewills are about half the price

cooler masters are not as loud, move more air and have a cool black-and-red look to them

im also open to any other input on red 120s but make sure thwy are red not orange

Personally, I wouldn't believe the numbers that either of those companies put out. The only companies i fully trust on their numbers for fans are delta, san ace, and some of the numbers on yate loons (And i suppose some scythe stuff too, but i cross-reference).

That said, before we can help you even a little, we need to know which 2 you're looking at, both of those companies make a bunch of fans. Alternatively, I did write this guide for modding LEDs into your fans, so you don't HAVE ro limit yourself to just fans with LEDs preinstalled.

Of those 2 fans, the Rosewill specs look more believable to me. I highly doubt the Coolermaster can move 90 cfm of air at 2000 rpm and I damn sure know it won't do it at a 19 dB level. :rofl: I'm not saying it's a bad fan, just that their specs are not to be believed. I will say that since the Coolermaster uses a 9 blade rotor instead of a 7 blade like the Rosewill, the noise it does make will be different and might not be as noticeable. The Gentle Typhoon fans are much like that Coolermaster in design and they noise they make isn't annoying at all, but they also spin 150 rpm slower too.

I was also thinking of getting some plain black fans, higher quality fans
and just using red cold cathodes

I recently switched from the Rosewill to the CM R4 fans. The R4's move more air than the Rosewills did. The Rosewills are slightly noisier than the CM R5s, however they both are quieter than my Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU cooler or my GTX 260 fan at 40%. I had the Rosewills for about 4yrs and all still work, the only "complaint" I have with them is that most of the LED's have quit working. They are a pretty good fan for 5 bucks. I've had the R4's for about 6 mo. and so far they are good. I'd have gone with the Rosewills again, but they didn't have green LEDs.

Hearing that, im leaning back to buying red led fans

thanks for your experience

Back