• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out my new setup! Need a GPU block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jakeface1

So I finished my setup finally, I did a top rad mod with a rs240, and I have a swiftech 320 on the back. The setup is only a few hours old and there is a bit of air trapped in the rad's still. I see bubbles slowly escaping.

AMBIENT TEMPS 24C - I know it shows idle temps at 25C and 30C but thats from pc start up so it doesnt count. Actual idle temps are 27C.

Load temps are after 50 minutes Prime 95 small FFT's

All I need is a GPU block. Can anyone recommend one? I was thinking the swiftech mcm80.

Heres some pics!

mvte2t.jpg

20f5kjs.jpg

c6gao.jpg

15mldw0.jpg

6jq3pi.jpg

8wxzir.jpg

Nice rig. Lots of pics should be in the pic thread, I know your excited. Anyhoo, give it a few days before benching temps. You got bubbles still. Life still goes on besides your rig, but it's looking good, and nice pics.

Umm for what card, since I lost the train of thought for your question on the GPU block after scrolling for a minute or two....

5870 on a 80? sure, but pay CLOSE attention to how you cool the Vregs on air.

Nice rig. Lots of pics should be in the pic thread, I know your excited. Anyhoo, give it a few days before benching temps. You got bubbles still. Life still goes on besides your rig, but it's looking good, and nice pics.

Umm for what card, since I lost the train of thought for your question on the GPU block after scrolling for a minute or two....

5870 on a 80? sure, but pay CLOSE attention to how you cool the Vregs on air.

Haha, thanks. Im excited for sure. Ill keep the pic level down in the future. :p

Naa, no reason too, just me being the stern asbutt I am. Read my early posts about my builds?

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604016

Nothing more needed.

Ohh you way got the pic size right, MUCH better than MANY others. Good job!

And VERY VERY nice clear pics. Makes me wanna bling someday. Yours is balanced tho. No Darth Beevis in that rig.

I see liquid love in those pics.... Wow.

Yea I took my time and did some research thanks to you and others on the forum.

man, straight diggin that rig...you do the fans yourself or did they come in that color?

The MCW80 is very nice and should match up on the 5870 without issues unless it's some special revision. I have one on my 4870 and it dropped my idle temps from around 60°C to about 38°C and the highest I've seen the GPU hit is 45°C in Furmark. My card already had a heatsink installed on the voltage regulators so I left it and just added the copper ramsinks. Enzotech BMR-C1 kit for like $13.

I like the color scheme you've got going in that beast!

This pic shows the finish on the MCW80

PICT0062.jpg

Back