• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best OC with XP 1800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cypher720

hey guys.

i just got a new fan on my case side blowing right on my processor. i was running at 143 FSB for ever, but now i punped it up to 150! its been running stable for about 20 mins, when before, it wouldnt even boot!

just wondering what your guys best overclock with an XP 1800 is.
not one thats unlocked though. my comp's stats are below. my temp is at 41C at 150 FSB.

so go ahead and post you OC!

minez

got mine at 1712mhz 12.5x 137FSB just air cooled with an SK6 w/ 50cfm fan. Won't go anyhigher unless i drop the multiplier.

bioevolve

What do you fellas think I could get with 4 x 80 mm Sunon High Speed fans and a heat sink and fan working on the CPU? Any educated guesses?

Garfield said:
Like, a simulation or does it really OC your CPU?

It doesn't oc your cpu or simulate an oc. What it does is forces the cpu to work hard to see if it fails for some reason(that's why people like to use it when they oc their cpu to see if it won't fail running at faster speeds). It's just like if you were to play a really intense game for hours except prime95 doesn't stress the video card, just mainly the cpu. It's a way of seeing if your system is stable after you overclock it.

Garfield said:

Isn't his FSB at 157? Where did you get 1800?

he meant his total mhz rating of his cpu at 1800. In order to do that while the cpu is still locked you need a FSB of atleast 157.

Yes it is if you read his sig it says locked. It also says the mult is at 11.5 which is default for 1800+

Too bad my chip isnt so great hitting only 1.726g. But the good news is that it hit that nearly right out of the box. I would say its my HS but its a lapped OCZ Gladiator with the delta on it. And it isnt the RAM as I have had this cheap pc2100 up to 164MHz which is my board's max FSB setting.

So till Bender convinces me to water cool I am keeping my XP in a drawer while I have fun with my new 1.2gs!

The divisior should be 1/4... - 39 PCI Bus.

Stompah you should water cool man, its an excellent oppourtunity :)

Yodums

Yodums said:

Yodums

heck ya! If i had the money that's what i'd be doing right now:cool:

1702 @ 1.85v on air.

More vcore gets me nothing. I've tried up to 2.1v....no dice. 1702MHz (locked, 11.5 x 148FSB) is just max for this chip....:(

most i can get out of this system is 11.5 x 147 = 1690
have not yet broken the 1.7ghz barrier.
max temps. 43 sandra burn-in.
Currenty running at 140. Did a Sandra memory benchmark,
seemed that my benchmark is lower at 145fsb than 140fsb..
why? me dont know...:confused:

Yodums said:

Yodums

Me and Bender keep talking.... if my local Petsmart has a paticular water pump instock I could be using water as of next week!

1806MHz... 157 FSB, locked XP1800 AGKGA Y

Ran rock stable, but was ducted to winter air from outside. Pushed it to 1.9GHz even. Locked up before even hitting windows. :)

Back