• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need info on Savard speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creecher

alrighty, so my dad has these ole speakers.
what i know about them, or what my dad has told me:
  • made by savard, a company out of Baton Rouge that went under after the owner (his last name was Savard) was caught stealing maybe something to do with taxes(?)
  • as i read on the back in one of the pictures, the quality control date is 11/10/82 so yeah. they're 28.
  • he says the model is Savard studio monitors, and that he payed around $500 each for 2.
sooooo. ive Googled them, and the company, but haven't found anything. anybody even heard of them? lol anything helps!

EDIT!
if a mod can crop these, and flip one, thatd be great, as i have no idea how to do it. i took them on my HTC EVO
also, my dad told me that a night club in Baton rouge that he went to a bunch only had 4 of these. so yeah, these bad boys get crazy loud.

Attachments

• IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 2,154
  • IMAG0173.jpg
    IMAG0173.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 2,341
  • IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 1,419
  • IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,409
Last edited:
Bump? Fix the pic size? Common forum etiquette. Maybe then I'll ask you what you came up with on Google.

You need help with pic sizing, I can help with that.

Dunno about your speakers. Sound good?

i dont know how to resize them. if you can help thatd be great?

they sound pretty good, but they just have speaker wire connections in the back, so its not crazy good.

i dont know how to resize them. if you can help thatd be great?

they sound pretty good, but they just have speaker wire connections in the back, so its not crazy good.

You resize them before uploading them. I use Ifranview, a nice free program. Then I upload them to something like Photobucket (again free) and then link them here.

So you need to edit your post, delete the pics, redo them and edit your post with the new links.

Savard Speakers

If you can find a pair don't hesitate to buy them. I have a pair that I bought back in 1974. In fact they were the 12th pair that Bill Savard made and back then he made them himself and by hand. I've had them upgraded a couple of times and they still cook! I had them originally hooked up to a Realistic receiver from Radio Shack that put out 32.5 watts a channel. In 1987 I bought a Carver sound system and the salesman tried to sell me a pair of B & W that at that time costs around $4,500. I told him I wanted to hear the Savards with the Carver first before making any decisions. When he came out to set up my Sota turntable he listened to the Savards and asked me where he could get a pair. He stated that he bought the B & W's but thought the Savards sounded better especially when driven by a 210 watt a channel amp which it handles quite well. There are people who will try and lead you believe that they are not good, i.e. made with cheap components. Don't believe them. Mine are still going strong and at $180 for the pair was an invested that has paid for itself more than I can calculated. If I can find another pair I'd buy them since I'm moving soon and will need another pair.

Back