• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

italia305

Registered
i been looking for a water block for my gts 450s but they dont have a spacific one for mine.

does anyone know were i can find what is the same.

maybe a 9800gt block?

you could go universal if there isn't a gts 450 full cover. IMO that's probably the better route to take since it's a lower end gpu and a $100 fc block on a ~$130 card is...well...less than savvy.

in SLI it does pretty well for being €95.00. OC'd as far as i can go on air WEI is 7.6 so im sure on water i could get a few more tenths.

how do them universal blocks fair in performance to say a spacifc card model?

First, you'll get little more on water than what you have on air. It's just a low end 450, not a 480 that shines with WC>

Second, if you can't find a Full cover WC block for your card, it isn't made. The block manufactures stick where the profit is. Few will even venture to make blocks for low end cards, and ones that aren't probably reference design.

Third, it will cost you $100 or so in TOTAL to watercool JUST the card, add another $140 for the rest of the WC.

Seriously, you need to be serious about what you want to do.

Buy the cheapest car you can, and put a supercharger on it. Same thing...............

i see were yer coming from i will just hold off. i decide to get better cards. i just wanting to break 65 fps on crysis with AAx4, very high spec, 1600x1200 res, avg 3 loops 63.73fps. i feel pretty good for low end cards.

You can always go with a universal block, which just cools the gpu and use ramsinks on the ram and vregs. But like Conumdrum said, you will end up spending around $80-100 for the waterblock and the ramsinks. That will let you push the gpu pretty hard though and the ramsinks will keep the ram and vregs cool too. I'm using an MCW60 block on my GTX260 and I never see temps get over around 40-42 C even when running Furmark and overclocked (normally just run stock and overclock for benching only).

im sure i should just forget about the WC block. i can not see spending all that euro on sumthing that might get me a little more. the GTX cards here are very high €165.00.

thanks for all the help guys

Still playing Crysis? lol :)

Have you considered a nice heatsink instead of watercooling? Although it will still be about $50+ for a good heatsink. Might as well get a better card :beer:

been playing crysis wars and war head since i pre ordered crysis 2 i cant wait to get:)

im lookin at the gtx 460 so that might be the next ones.

Back