• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4870 and ATT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sg24

Hi guys!

I need some help here! :=
I can't use Ati tray tools' overclocking menu. When i click on
Hardware-Overclocking settings..., ATT just freeze. Everything is working fine with att, only overclocking is not

i have:
amd phenom x4 955 be
msi radeon 4870 1gb md1g
2gb 1333 kingmax ram
460 chicony hipro
500gb samsung f1

I' ve tried old drivers, new drivers, msi drivers, reinstalled win 7 32 bit, software method to read clocks, everything... :/

thx for your help!

look in atitray.ini
Close the current running ATT
and switch some of the items in there, with a notepad then
run ATT again, and test.

optionally during install there was a few buttons if set wrong with come cards you get problems.
V1.6.9.1486 seems to be the latest.
could be it just doesnt work well with Win7 , did you try a compatability mode for it for testing?

here is some thing you might mess with, i have no idea really what they do

opt_old_i2c=1

opt_nowait_i2c_mutex=1

opt_force_ddr5=1

i've tried those already, but tried again, still no result :/

If you are using windows 7 the problem might be down to a driver signing issue. As it costs money to get a certified driver and ATI tray is free....Windows 7 don't like unsigned drivers so won't play fair. There is supposed to be a work around i forget what it was now but you can google it if you like, it didn't work for me but i won't hurt to give it a shot.
Regards

Back