• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling..opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt297

Registered
Get the set that you think looks the best. If you want to buy watercooling kits like those, it has to be for the looks. If you want something that performs well, I suggest that you start reading in the watercooling section. A custom setup will give you far better performance. And if a custom build is too expensive, go with some good aircooling :)
Watercooling is not useless, but you can get better performance than those kits can deliver. So if you choose one of those kits, I think you should just go for the one that you think looks the best. And if you are not in it for just the looks, then drop all of them and go custom WC or high end air :)

Thats just my 2 cents :)

I'm gonna be straight with you here, and probably come across as a huge jerk, but all those kits suck. Outright, they just suck. All of them run mixed metal loops, which means you need a corrosion inhibitor. All of them have small radiators, which means your performance will be about equal to that of air cooling. I highly suggest that you go to the watercooling board and read the sticky and start to get an idea of what real watercooling is or just go with the h50/70 if you're stubborn and insist on watercooling just to say you have it but don't want to pick your own parts so it performs well.

I'm gonna be straight with you here, and probably come across as a huge jerk, but all those kits suck. Outright, they just suck. All of them run mixed metal loops, which means you need a corrosion inhibitor. All of them have small radiators, which means your performance will be about equal to that of air cooling. I highly suggest that you go to the watercooling board and read the sticky and start to get an idea of what real watercooling is or just go with the h50/70 if you're stubborn and insist on watercooling just to say you have it but don't want to pick your own parts so it performs well.

Iv given water cooling the *** anyway. Unless im gonna spend 5 billion dollars, its not worth it. I have a Coolermaster air unit cooler atm, but its not working to well so im looking at the TT Frio, apparently is a ripper and has had excellent reviews!

I never liked anything thermaltake made, there are always better options for the price with a higher build quality.

I never liked anything thermaltake made, there are always better options for the price with a higher build quality.

Quoted for truth.

Thermaltake has made a few decent heatsinks in the past, but it's really hit or miss (mostly miss). Stick with companies like Thermalright, Prolimatech, Cogage (division of Thermalright), or Noctua. Some Xigmatech heatsinks are pretty good too, but I've never owned one personally. And the Corsair A70 is a good performing heatsink also. I will be publishing a review of it soon.

Quoted for truth.

Thermaltake has made a few decent heatsinks in the past, but it's really hit or miss (mostly miss). Stick with companies like Thermalright, Prolimatech, Cogage (division of Thermalright), or Noctua. Some Xigmatech heatsinks are pretty good too, but I've never owned one personally. And the Corsair A70 is a good performing heatsink also. I will be publishing a review of it soon.

Build quality isn't such of a concern, obviously materials play a huge part but as long as it does the job. This Frio cooler is quite good so far though, its just very big!!!

Back