• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling HAF 932 question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

commiedic

Registered
Here is a diagram I have made of what I want to do with my HAF 932 case to get it water cooled, but I need help. W Here should I put the pump? I think I have everything else mapped out well but the pump is giving me a hard time. I thought about putting it on the bottom but that would create a lot of back pressure from the pump to the radiator and I don't want that. At least I think it will, but it could work this is my first WC build.
deaktopdiagram.png

Not gonna lie here, your part choice is downright awful...the best DD cpu block was designed for c2d's and was ok then...it's only fallen behind since then. Why do you have 2 fans outside the case? That seems like foolishness to me. Those fans a) are awful for the noise and b) aren't the best choice for that rad. The gtx360 loves airflow, but more than that, it loves static pressure. You give it high static pressure, it gives you good performance. I hope you understand that I know what I'm talking about when I say: GO READ THE STICKY!!!! Wealth of information in there, and it's free to you! You need to do some planning, some rethinking, and some learning. Once you finish with the sticky, head to skinneelabs and read their cpu water block reviews (all of them).

I think you will need more rad too. Havent calculated anything, but one 3x120mm rad seams to little when running two high end GPU's and a CPU in one loop. Especially when your only using 3 2000rpm fans, that m0r7if3r says is of moderate quality... (I dont know anything about them myself)

One good thing about the DD GPU blocks is that they have low restriction, which is good, because the pump you have chosen is not the strongest out there.

You might have room to mount it between the hard-drive cages, and your power supply. I mounted mine to the top of my PS, but I'm not running X-fire or SLI and have some headroom there.

I have my pump between my PSU and hard drive cage... there is plenty of space... altho my inlet and outlet are at the top... my pump is submerged in a little reservoir...

Back